WP Simulator Setup to Fix, Test & Develop WordPress Sites Faster & Easier than using a Live Web Host
WP Simulator Quick Facts
WP Simulator is a fully pre-configured & speed tweaked localhost with multiple test environments. Basically it is a desktop software to let you run your WordPress blog offline so that you don’t risk breaking your site online live in front of your visitors.
Consequences & Problems of a broken website:
- Site down or appears to be in a mess
- Loss of sales, potential customers and subscribers
- Search Engine Ranking drops as search engine like Google sees site’s reliability as part of its quality scoring
- Support may not be immediate as not many hosts or developers has 24/7 technical support
- Other technical problems
Chances are you will screwed up during changes, especially if you are changing theme(s) online.
- Layouts appearing incorrectly
- Plugins not functioning
- And countless other possibilities that might go wrong.
By testing offline, everything will respond faster and nobody will ever know your flaws in web development.
Issues, Bugs and Bad points
The bad point of WP simulator is it is based on XAMPP, which is free, just that WP simulator is helping you with the setup.
If you went to the website before, you might have the impression that WP simulator is the #1 WordPress Tool for Pros, but its not. It is actually referring to the type of tools they use – Offline Hosting & Testing for WordPress.
To elaborate that point further: Did you ever see big sites like Facebook, MSN, Yahoo! messed up their layouts or interface? Ever saw them changing bit by bit, here and there? Trial & Error? The answer is No, because everything was tested to work fine before they upload it online. Which is why you should do the same too.
The Good Part…
Ready to use without having to do the hard work of setting it up.
If you are good with XAMPP, there may not be much good points tho. However there are some impressive bonuses that comes along with the product.
Who Is It For?
If you can handle XAMPP well. This may not be for you. So before you buy WP simulator, you may want to get your hands dirty, trying out the “hard” work. It may not be as hard as you think.
For those who want to skip past the learning curve in XAMPP, and start working on your sites. You should go check on WP simulator
Having known about this technology. You should no longer let your online site suffer any mistakes or problems online by testing and solving them offline first, whether you are buying wpsim or not.
Remember that with such technology, you can:
- Build WordPress sites fast on your PC/MAC without an internet connection
- Test Plugins & Themes without fear of conflicts and implications
- Fix a broken site without further complications
- Solve plugin conflicts & bugs offline before you upload
- Clean up a theme before use
- Keep a working backup copy of your site offline
- Best of all: Test & make as many mistakes without any consequences